Romans Rocks!


I am just starting a new bible study on the book of Romans. Man is it awesome! Don’t worry, you won’t be left out. I’ll be sure to share all of the juicy details with you. Even better, you should read along with me! I’ll periodically publish topics and posts that describe what I have found in my studies. Boy are you gonna be blessed!

Make sure you add me to your followers list if you haven’t already done so. That way, you will be the first to know when I have new content available to read. I plan to post at least three times a week. I also would love to hear your comments. Well, with that said, lets get to it! I guess you can tell I’m excited.

When studying a book of the bible, background information is a great place to start. You know. Stuff like…Who is the author? When was it written? Who was it originally written to? I’ve conveniently packaged all of Roman’s background information in the paragraph below for your ease of reading. However, I would advise that you use my study notes and info as a “supplement” to your bible intake.

THE AUTHOR
It is normally a great idea to know the author of whatever you may be reading. In this case, the apostle Paul is the author of Romans. Paul was a descendant of the tribe of Benjamin. Paul’s Jewish name is Saul of Tarsus (present-day south-central Turkey). Tarsus was well known for its intellectual environment. In other words, it’s apparent that Paul grew up with a great education. Paul called himself the “Apostle to the Gentiles”. He was very firm on spreading “the Gospel” to nonbelievers. Paul was not perfect. No man is! Before Paul became a Christian (follower of Christ), he violently persecuted the church. Paul would be the first to tell you that he was the chief of sinners before he was converted. So you want to know it happened? It’s all available in Acts 9:1-31.

THE DATE
It is believed that Paul wrote the letter to the Romans in the city of Corinth circa A.D. 56.

THE AUDIENCE
The letter to the Romans was addressing how Christians should live. Both Jews and Gentiles. (Believers and non believers)

Okay so now we have the basics. Stay posted as there will be more posts to come. The book of Romans is filled with answers to some of today’s toughest questions. Here’s a list of a few things that stood out to me in Romans 1. We will be discussing the following issues with more details in later posts.

  1. As Christians, we should be bold in our faith, but not arrogant. (Romans 1:16-17)
  2. At some point in our lives, everyone has a chance to except Christ as their Lord and believe (Romans 1:20)
  3. Homosexuality is not of God. However, this does not give us the right to judge. (Romans 1:26-27)
  4. If you choose not to follow God, he will turn you over to your sinful ways. (Romans 1:28-32)


    Well that’s all for now. Chew on that and I’ll get back to you later. May the peace of God rest with you all!~

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Bookmark This!